The BKX Winter 2023 Print Suite Sponsorship for exhibition proposals, portfolios, and other collections
In the spirit of keeping our sponsorship circuit active for the rest of the year, we are pleased to announce our winter open call.
Our Winter sponsorship is geared towards proposals for exhibitions, portfolios, and other printed collections seeking to represent a body or suite of work. The collection of work can come from a single artist or collective group of artists, and is open to U.S.-based individuals coming from all practices, industries, and backgrounds.
- Full material costs for the edition, including papers and printing supplies
- Full print service(s) costs for the edition, including standard Photoshop/digital editing work, print proofing, printing, cutting, handling, and packing.
This sponsorship is not an open call to exhibit, it is for the print production of a body work to go onto exhibition, portfolio review, or collection, organized at behest of the artist.
- One series of 20 digital archival pigment prints, up to size 20” x 30”.
- Outside of the series of 20 prints: A total of 1 BAT and 3-5 Printer’s Proofs, that will be kept by Brooklyn Editions studio, with the potential to be sold through the studio’s official channels based on agreed terms with the Artist
- All prints will be embossed with our printer's chop:
This sponsorship opportunity guarantees that the Artist(s) will retain all copyright and intellectual property rights of their work. The purpose of this open call is to create more production opportunities for Artists.
Brooklyn Editions will always respect copyright and intellectual property ownership of all Artist’s work. Any and all images used for future promotional purposes and/or artwork sold via official Brooklyn Editions channels will be rightfully credited to the Artist(s). The integrity of all Artists and their work is a fundamental principle of our studio. The Artist(s) in the selected proposal will always have the final say in how their work is produced, and we will do everything we can to ensure a positive and successful collaboration with us.
Application Timeline and Selection Details
Our application form for the BKX Winter 2023 Print Suite Sponsorship will be open until November 9, 2023. The selected proposal will be announced via our Newsletter at the beginning of December 2023.
Please do not email us about your application. We will announce the selected proposal via our Newsletter, so please subscribe to our mailing list via this link or at the bottom of this page to stay updated for that and all future sponsorship opportunities. This will not be our last!
One proposal will be selected as the recipient of this sponsorship. The selection process for this sponsorship opportunity is at the full discretion of Brooklyn Editions studio. Applications will be reviewed by a private selection committee.
Please use the application form linked at the bottom of this page to fill out all required fields:
- Applicant Information & Contact Information
- Written proposal
- 1 PDF document ONLY showing a series of images to support the written proposal. This PDF does not need to include all artworks, but a range to provide a visualization of the final concept.
The BKX Winter 2023 Print Suite Sponsorship is open to all creatives working in any medium, at any stage of their career, based in the United States.
Unfortunately, we are limiting this sponsorship to within the U.S. due to shipping and logistics. The applicant(s) represented in the selected proposal must be able to work domestically within the U.S. We will work towards international sponsorship opportunities in the next year. If you are outside of the U.S., please feel free to subscribe to our Newsletter via this link or at the bottom of the page to stay updated with future sponsorship announcements.
The Brooklyn Editions studio does not discriminate against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information. Our studio is open to anyone seeking collaboration and creative production. We encourage any person to apply to this open call if they are in the U.S., and we also encourage the sharing of this opportunity to reach a wider audience.
Application Submission Terms
In the interest of fairness, we are limiting applications to one proposal per applicant/collective, with one submitted PDF document per proposal. If multiple proposals are submitted under the same applicant/collective, we will only review the first one. If we believe that we are being spammed, we reserve the right to block and/or blacklist all communications. We reserve the option to select more than one applicant for multiple sponsorships, at our discretion.
By submitting to this application, you agree that you are the copyright holder for all materials being shared (including images, text, information, and all other details). If you are submitting on behalf of a collective or group of artists, you agree that you have been given the right to submit these materials. Brooklyn Editions is not liable for any content that infringes on another party's copyright. All prints, scans, and final files retain ownership by the applicant, and the studio is to be held harmless in the event of any discrepancy.
Please be sure to read the application form thoroughly and provide all requested material(s) and information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This application will be live on September 14th, 2023.
 Choice and availability of paper can be determined by the final print dimensions of the edition.
 Artists are responsible for providing quality digital files of their work to our studio. If physical artwork needs to be digitized, we can provide referrals, or potentially scan artwork at the Artist’s cost.
Our Photoshop/digital editing services cover basic adjustments to optimize files best for print, and the determination of our ‘standard’ digital editing services is at our discretion. If we foresee work that starts to become extensive, we will always let the Artist know beforehand, to allow for them to plan their next steps or adjustments.
 Our Terms of Sale are open to further discussion with the Artist, but our standard terms are as follows:
- For the first year starting from the edition’s official release, or until the edition held by the Artist sells out, Brooklyn Editions will not sell a print from this edition that values more than the Artist’s sale price.
- If the Artist would like to utilize Brooklyn Editions’ official sales channel and platform to promote and sell prints from the edition held by them, Brooklyn Editions will take a 20% commission price per sale. All fulfillment services (such as packing and drop shipping) that are required to be performed by Brooklyn Editions will come at a cost to the Artist.